What to do before your treatment
- Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you wish to achieve. As an expert in permanent makeup, I ensure that the correct colours and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision-making process.
- Permanent cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results you will be required to return for at least one control procedure 4-8 weeks after the initial application.
- Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment.
- Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- A sensitivity test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
Pre-advice for Microblading and eyebrow enhancements
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks prior to and after your enhancement.
Pre-advice for Eyeliner Enhancements
- Eyelash tinting or eyelash perming treatments should be carried out no sooner than 1 week prior to or two weeks after your enhancement.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following your enhancement procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses 24 hours after the procedure.
- You may have mild swelling after your enhancement procedure and as a safety precaution you may wish to have someone drive you home.
- If you have had a previous eye disorder or eye infection and receive an eyelash enhancement, the disorder may reoccur again. You should use the correct medication to prevent such a disorder reoccurring.
- Your vision is not affected by permanent cosmetic eye enhancements, however, you may wish to have someone drive you home.
Pre-advice for Lip enhancements
- If you have a history of cold sores (herpes simplex) and are scheduling a lip enhancement we advise you to use anti herpes medication for example Zovirax cream which can be obtained from a chemist.
- Use the cream 1 week prior and 1 week after your enhancement 5 times a day. This can help minimise an outbreak. Permanent cosmetic enhancements do not cause cold sores, however if you carry the virus, it lays dormant in the nervous system and can be awakened by the infusion process.
- You may experience dry lips for up to two weeks following permanent cosmetic lip enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed at least 2 weeks prior to your enhancement.
- Lip wax or bleaching
- treatments should not be undertaken for a two-week period prior to and after your enhancement.